If the candidate plans to enroll to Josaphat Microwave Remote Sensing Laboratory (JMRSL) or Josaphat Laboratory, the candidate must REGISTER or PASS the Entrance Examination Test as below.
Undergraduate / Bachelor Course : Department of Informatics and Imaging Systems, Faculty of Engineering, Chiba University for Undergraduate (Bachelor of Engineering – B.Eng)
Master Course : Department of Information Processing and Computer Sciences, Division of Information Sciences, Graduate School of Advanced Integration Science, Chiba University. You must attend the interview test and prepare TOEIC or TOEFL for English entrance examination, thermodynamic, mechanic, electromagnetics, mathematics, quantum for writing test (Master of Engineering – M.Eng)
Doctor / Ph.D Course : Department of Information Processing and Computer Sciences, Division of Information Sciences, Graduate School of Advanced Integration Science, Chiba University. You must attend English Writing Test and Interview Test to present Master Thesis 10 minutes and Doctor Research Proposal (10 minutes) (Doctor of Philosophy – Ph.D, Doctor of Engineering – D.Eng or Doctor of Science – D.Sci)
Schedule for Master and Doctoral Enrollment : [link] New !
Research Student : The candidate could register as Research Student of Center for Environmental Remote Sensing (CEReS), Chiba University and hold research and study in Josaphat Laboratory (Non Degree) [Detail Information]
* The candidate must good in English or Japanese to communicate with other staffs and members in our Laboratory.
* If the candidate plan to apply scholarship under recommendation of us, it is not allowed to get another or overlap recommendation from other Professors in Japan.
* We don’t serve scholarship, living cost, tuition fee etc during your study. The candidate must serve the living cost, tuition fee etc by him/herself.
* The candidate must arrange the apartment etc including the entrance procedure in Japan by him/herself.
* The candidate must pass the security clearance of Japanese Government for human, information and material relating synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or radar technology, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and microsatellite.
If you have questions, please don’t be hesitate to ask to Prof Josaphat as below.
Prof. Josaphat Tetuko Sri Sumantyo, Ph.D
Center for Environmental Remote Sensing, Chiba University
1-33 Yayoi, Inage, Chiba 263-8522 Japan
Tel. +81 (0)43 290 3840 / Fax +81 (0)43 290 3857
Email jtetukoss @ faculty.chiba-u.jp